12/13/08

Red sky at night, sailors delight...


Red sky at night, sailors delight…

Recently on a camping trip I had an opportunity to share a saying that I had been taught as a little guy with my grand daughter Hadley. Red sky in morning, sailors take warning…red sky at night, sailors delight. This biblical truth that our Lord taught us still gives us an opportunity to teach future generations. Hadley now looks to the evening sky, hoping that she will see tints of red, wishing for sailors delight! Unfortunately, we all have to face storms in life. We are all going to face challenges. Being prepared for the challenges will determine how you come out of the storm. As a leader, I have many times faced challenges. Part of being prepared for challenges requires a real relationship with Jesus. A long time ago, I decided to trust Jesus. I know, no matter the outcome, that God has my best interest at heart. In life I prepared by giving control of my life to Christ. I wanted to please my Savior more than the people I come into contact with. God has been so good to me! Through storms and sunshine I have truly experienced delight. I try (daily) to delight my self in the Lord. By doing this, I get to experience delight in my relationship with Hadley, Avery and Ben. My prayer for my grand children and anyone reading this blog…is that you experience the love of our Savior! I love you all! <><

No comments: