12/15/08

Happy Campers

Family time…

In ministry it sometimes is extremely difficult to find time where everyone is at home. My family is getting smaller, as I only have one child left at home but finding time to sit down, as a family is a hard thing to do! One of the greatest things that I have ever purchased is a 1996 Coachman 20’ travel trailer. The real neat thing about this camper is that I bought it on my wife’s birthday! We love to camp. What a great way to spend vacation. If your budget is strapped like most people, you can cook at the campsite, and stay near great vacation spots at a fraction of the cost of hotels/condo. In the sunshine state, we have a great State Park System http://www.floridastateparks.org/ that offers any number of things to do for the family. We are happy campers. My favorite state park is Gamble Rogers State Recreation Area, near Flagler Beach.



We love being right on the water and we are very close to Daytona. One of my favorite places to eat is in Flagler called Mannys. They have the best Greek Spaghetti on the planet! Camping takes you out of your normal routine and settles you in to great family fun. We play old-fashioned games; we eat together and spend lots of time around the campfire together. We travel to attractions by day, and enjoy being together every night. Camping has given us an opportunity to be together as a family. I love it! I am looking forward to Little Talbot Island in the spring! <><

No comments: