12/24/08

Pater Familias...a new position


A new tradition

I am sitting in a position that I have never sat before. The year 2008 brought the passing of my father in law, so for the first time in my life I will be the oldest male at the family Christmas celebration. I cannot help but wonder how I will do. I think about the responsibility, I think about the pressure that such an important position can be. I must hammer out an agenda, I have to know what and how I am going to accomplish the important task of being the Pater familias. I want to chart a new course. I want to sit back and listen; I want to enjoy the sites and sounds. I want to celebrate another Christmas season and love all who are in the family and those that I come into contact with. I really want to enjoy the children…I want to celebrate the gifts that I am giving and not what I am going to get. I want to enjoy all that goes along with being a part of a family because I truly believe this is what true peace on earth is. Christmas is about Jesus. The ultimate Pater Familias sent His one and only son to a world that so desperately needed Him. Christmas truly is about the greatest gift that has ever been given…and it is about family. My prayer for you is that if you are the Pater Familias, that you lead your family with love. Follow our Lords example. If you are a part of the family feel blessed. You should love those around you because time is something you can never get back and the clock is always ticking! Enjoy Peace, enjoy your family! I love you all <><

2 comments:

Tim Haephaestus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Haephaestus said...

Well, be the man God made you Bro. Jeff, and you'll do just fine being the Pater Familias. ;P

And I like the Blog so far, keep it up Brother.

Oh yeah...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!