12/13/08

Give me wings...

Give me wings…

I am a man who loves freedom! I love getting away and camping by the beach. I am convinced very much that less is definitely more. This past summer we spent 10 days in the Florida Keys with a 20’ travel trailer and a back pack full of books. Leaving behind a three thousand square foot house full of every convenience known to man, we sat out on an adventure that I had wanted to take since being a child! I always wanted to drive down A1A and US 1, traveling down the old Dixie highway. Sitting on long key, looking south I quickly realized that I had become a slave to stuff! All of the things I counted on to make me happy kept me locked in a geographic location and kept me from experiencing life and beauty. Looking out over the beauty that God created, I knew how blessed I really was and that I have way to much stuff. I also realized that I don’t need most of the things that I have. Don’t get me wrong, I like my things, but I now know that my relationship with God is the most important. My relationship with Christ is freeing. He has freed me from sin, from self. He has given me wings to fly beyond limitations and failed expectations I had placed on my self. I have learned how to be happy. I have learned that I can buy books at Goodwill or on ebay. I am extremely happy with my 10 year old car that has 208,000 miles on it, at almost fifty I have began freeing my self from things that enslaved me before. I don’t need much and I now look for opportunities to get by without things the world puts such a emphasis on. Don’t be afraid to fly beyond the boundaries the world places on you, and do not be afraid to dream…<><

No comments: