12/12/08

Mind Pictures

Though it all looks the same, so much has changed

Have you ever thought about mind pictures? Before you click off this blog take a second to consider what I am talking about. I love the Christmas season. Christmastime has a way of conjuring up mind pictures for me. I can sit on my couch or in my office and I can close my eyes and see pictures from my past. These pictures don’t really exist for anyone else, but for me they are very real very vivid. These mind pictures bring up feelings, sights and smells from times past. Our minds do such a great job at storing these beautiful memories. One of my favorite lines in a Christmas song is “though it all looks the same, so much has changed”. This is such a true statement. I have learned in life that you really can never go back. Every time I go to my childhood home I like to think about how much things are the same. In reality, nothing is the same. I have changed so much from the person I used to be. Mind pictures allow us to hold on to a past, because in our minds everything still looks the same and nothing has changed. My prayer today, is that you exercise your mind, and take sometime to go back, and remember. But let me caution you, don’t get stuck in the past. I love to think about the past but I so love being in the present! In the past there are many things that are missing from my life. In the past I would be missing a wonderful wife, beautiful daughters and the joys of my life…my grand babies. My prayer on this dismal north central Florida day, is that those I love are busy creating mind pictures, and that I am on their canvas! I love you all! <><

No comments: