1/7/09

Boldly go...



Boldly go…

I can remember many a night sitting in front of a 19” black and white television and hearing the words “Space…the final frontier…these are the voyages of the starship enterprise…” Wow, what memories, these guys were boldly going where no man had ever gone before! I can remember wanting to be like these guys, well most of them any way I don’t recall ever wanting to look like Spock or the Klingons! But I did want to Boldly Go… I have realized that in the 21st century I can boldly go where very few have gone! I can boldly take the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ out into a dark and dying world. St. Francis of Assisi says Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words. We are to boldly go proclaiming Jesus with our lives! Paul prayed for boldness, in his letter to the Ephesians’ he said, “…Pray that I might be bold enough in Him to speak as I should.” How do we become bold enough in Him? By spending time with Him! A relationship works best when you spend time developing it and learning more about Him! Be bold! Remember, Christ Jesus is in you so be bold and go where very few have gone! Tell people about HIM! I love you all!

P.S. While writing this I found this kind of funny. When I typed the word Klingons it came up as a misspelled word, so when I looked at spelling suggestions the very first suggestion was Clinton! I just thought that this was kind of ironic!

No comments: