8/28/09

We have come to worship...


We’ve come to worship...

In a meeting this past week I had someone tell me that I was to evangelistic. This statement came in a discussion about what God has called each of us to do! This same person told me they did not believe that evangelism was the purpose of the church. So continuing in the conversation I asked this well meaning person what they thought the overall purpose of the church happened to be. There response did not surprise me because many feel the same way, The response to the question was discipleship. Please, don’t get me wrong here! I personally believe that both evangelism and discipleship are very important for the church...but they are not the most important! We were created to worship! The Westminister Shorter Catechism asks the question, “What is the chief end of man?” Many of us know the answer. “Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.” While this is not a phrase drawn directly from Scripture, the wisdom behind it surely is. The Bible tells us with great clarity that man was created in order to bring glory to God. Thus the chief end of Christians and of the church is to bring glory to God. Our Lord gave us the answer when He told us to “And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” (Mark 12:30) By loving our Lord with all of our heart, soul and strength paints a beautiful picture of total devotion. This is true worship, total devotion and surrender to God! I love worship! I love laying it all down and totally surrendering my agenda to be in tune with God and what He wants from my life! We were created to worship! I hope that you are worshiping Him today in everything! I love you all! <><

No comments: