8/23/09

Plugging in


Here we are on the eve of a new school year...many of you are probably wondering where you are going to plug in! Have you ever wondered what God expects of you? I have! I know that God wants me involved in ministry! I know that He has a plan and purpose for all of us and anything less than our best would be sin! It is easy for us to say that we are striving to please God in everything. It is an accepted Sunday School answer but to often our service and love to God fails to be reflected in our lives! I want you to think for a moment! What are you going to do in the morning when your alarm goes off? Many of you will hit the snooze button and continue to sleep, some of you will immediately get up and start getting ready and many, unfortunately will totally miss God! Can I ask you to maybe try something new? Tonight, as you are setting your alarm, think about how you are going to start your day! Can I ask that before you pick up your phone, or get on facebook; before you send your first tweet or text a friend; before you eat a bowl of Cheerio’s or a pop-tart; can I ask you to spend some time on your knees in prayer? Can I encourage you to pick up your Bible and plug into the word of God! Matthew 6:33 tells us to “Seek first the Kingdom of God...” We need to seek God first! What is God going to do in your life this school year? It will be so much easier for you to know if you are plugged into God! I love you all! <><

No comments: