3/9/09

I am the father of a princess...



The father of a princess...

I am the father of a princess! I never thought about this much until the other night when my youngest daughter Bethany (Boo) was crowned the 2009 Strawberry Princess for Bradford and Union Counties. Her mother and I are very proud of her accomplishments as she did extremely well on her talent and also in the interview process. She is a very gifted young lady! The point I want to make goes out to fathers of daughters! I want to confess that in many ways I have let my daughter down! She has always been a princess, but I have not always treated her like one. It is ashamed for me that it took a beauty pageant for me to realize this! I was as proud of her before winning the pageant but like many dads I did not tell her these things! Take time for your children! Dad's spend the time being the significant male in your daughters life. Help her through the process of growing up. Be dad, don't be afraid to be gentle and loving! Our kids grow up so quickly so today I want to encourage you that in the midst of your busYness carve out sometime for your children! You won't regret it! Let them know how important they are to you and how proud you are of all of their accomplishments! By the way...did I tell you that I am the father of a princess! I love you Boo and I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

The Woodall family said...

I am so proud of her, too! She is a pretty cool kid:) That's kind of a big deal!