9/8/09

The Adventure lives on...


As I was walking away from Island of Adventures on my last visit this, I noticed a sign over the walkway. It was more of a statement than a sign. The statement was simply this:

“The Adventure lives on”

I love this statement! I was thinking about how Universal Studios intended for this statement to be a reminder of the great times that you have when you visit their theme park. But I cannot help but think about how true this statement is in the life of a Christian. I believe that salvation is the beginning of a great adventure! In living the Christian life, you can expect all kinds of exciting thrills and experiences. The Apostle Paul writes in Philippians 1:6 “I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” I love this verse of scripture because we can see that when God begins a good work He will complete it! Paul was certain of this! I am confident of some things today. I am confident that the awesome work that God started in you will be complete. I am also confident that God has something in mind for all of us as believers! He wants to bless and use us!. He wants believers to experience more than salvation. He has so many blessings for the believer and they are so rich that we are blessed beyond anything we can hope for or imagine. I feel so sorry for those who experience salvation and never go any further. So many new Christians never go beyond this experience. They fail to grow and mature as Christians. When this happens, they do not realize that they are missing out on God’s best for them. Remember, He started a great work in you! The key word is started! Started symbolizes a beginning. The words started, indicates a process that will take place over a period of time. The period of time in this passage of scripture is from the time that the great work begins, until Jesus calls you home or comes back! You have to be part of the process! Don’t miss out on God’s best! Salvation is the beginning…and “The Adventure lives on…”

No comments: