7/11/09

Camp and electronics


I am sitting in my home office thinking about the events of the coming week! I love camp! In years past I have experienced God in super-natural by taking groups of hungry students away from their everyday environment and exposing them to the power of unrestrained worship! Something happens when you get students together around the word of God and you teach to transform. I have no doubt that the same thing (a movement of God) will take place this year! I am looking forward to hearing from God! I am looking forward to the Salvation that I know will take place! This next week, the students from my church along with about 20 other churches will gather at camp in central Florida at a place called Lake Yale! Please pray for these students as well as thousands of other students whom each year attend summer camp! As I am sitting here I am getting tweets, text and emails about my previous blog post! Apparently I have sent some mixed message about electronics at camp, so I wanted to take an opportunity to clarify.

I have had many people (parents) question me in the past two weeks about whether or not I would allow electronics (ipods, mp3 players, portable DVD players and cell phones) at camp. I realize there are several schools of thought on this matter and I certainly do not want to hurt anyone's feelings on how I feel about this! perceived problem I have always allowed students to bring these devices with the expectation that they would utilize them in an appropriate way! I know that I will use my blackberry and ipod! I love having my mac with me because I love technology and the convenience of having information at my fingertips! I have embraced it and technology is very much a part of the culture in which they (students) live! So I allow them to bring these things and count on their maturity to use these devices in a way that honors God! I have very high expectations for our students and for the most part, they never really disappoint! In allowing students to bring electronic devices, I encourage them to leave them in their rooms during worship and team time! I am not opposed to students using their device as an electronic Bible! I love having the word of God always at my fingertips and sometimes I even use my phone (gasp) to preach from! I have been ministering to students for many years and believe me, there are far more important battles to fight than this one! So students from Hibernia, you can bring your electronics, please don’t disappoint! I love you all <><

No comments: