10/2/08

Spiritual Heritage

A spiritual heritage…(6/10/2008)

“We have become an object of reproach to our neighbors, the source of mockery and ridicule to those around us.” Psalm 79:4 HCSB

I recently heard that Tom Cruise is supposedly being called the “Christ of Scientology”. Higher ups in Scientology are convinced that in the years to come that he will be worshiped like Jesus all over the world. They feel that he will become a prophet for their religion. I wish to make this statement this morning; I will never worship him or anyone like him! As a matter of fact, I will never again go to any movies or watch any TV that he has anything to do with! I am also going to make this statement! In 50 years no one will remember him! He is just a man involved in a cult and because of his notoriety he pushes an agenda that is irresponsible and false! Jesus’ life literally changed history! Think about it! For over 2000 years He is remembered as God’s one and only Son! He is more than that though; in John’s gospel we read, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God! He (Jesus) “the Word” was in the beginning with God! He will always be remembered! In His word we can see that every knee is going to bow and every tongue is going to confess that He is God! I somehow doubt that this will ever be the case with Tom Cruise. Scripture teaches that we (the church) have become an object of reproach (discredit) to those around us. The world makes fun of us because of our beliefs! The church takes a beating almost every night from the late night shows that so many people watch! Can I tell you today, that Jesus is still Jesus! His word is still the only absolute! Let the world see Jesus (the one and only Messiah) through you! I love you all!


Bro. J <><

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That "Cruise is Christ" story is totally bogus, and old news to boot! This lie was making the blog rounds long long ago. You will never find any real information about this lie except on anti-Scientology hate sites, or silly gossip columns.

It makes no sense anyway. Scientologists don't worship anyone as part of the religion anyway, unless they choose to on their own (Scientologists can still be Christians, Buddhists, whatever they choose). Scientology doesn't tell anyone what to worship - it's not that kind of religion.

Read A Scientology Catechism for the facts.

Jeffery Stockdale said...

I so appreciate your opinion and I am glad that you read my blog. I believe that Christ is the only way to heaven! I love people, and I love you and my prayer for you today is that you get to know my Savior the way that I do! I am praying for you! God Bless!