10/30/08

Absolute truth

Absolute Truth


What is truth? How do we define truth? I believe that truth is a word that has been watered down a lot lately? Is truth relevant?
Does truth depend on the individual or the circumstance? Or is it an Absolute, something unchanging, something real, something that can be measured! When we testify in court, we are to tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Why do we think this is different when we are dealing with God, or God’s people? Scripture teaches in Galatians 1:10 “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” To often today, we compromise the truth, to satisfy someone else! So concerned about pleasing man, wanting to gain approval! So many times, we turn the situation around to fit our own needs! We manipulate the truth! When we do this we fail to realize, what we are doing to God! I honestly believe that our manipulation of the truth hurts God! I know that when my children did something that was wrong, it hurt me! I can only imagine what it does to God, when we as His children repeatedly do things over and over again. Let me ask you a question? Do you tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth? In all circumstances, in all situations…or do you compromise the truth! Are you living a life that is pleasing to Him? Are you going in the right direction? Close your eyes and spin around 10 times and then stop the direction that they think is north. It doesn’t matter what direction you think north is, it matters which way the right direction really is! Which way are you going? My prayer for you is that you totally sell out? Stop trying to please others! Try pleasing the creator of the universe! He is the way (the only way) He is the truth (Absolute truth) and He is life! Without Him, we would be nothing! If there were any other way to heaven, I would throw every bible that I own away, and I would never preach or write again! But since He is the only way! I am going to proclaim Him from the Mountaintops; I am going to shout His name in the streets! Because His name is above all names! The world needs to hear, they need to see, and understand! Do you know the Truth? I pray that He has set you free!

No comments: