5/14/09

home in heaven


You have heard it said of places that people visit “it is good place to visit, but I would not want to live there” I have said this of places that I visited! But when it is time to go, I am always ready to get home! In Philippians 3:20 I see the Apostle Paul had figured something out when he wrote “...but our citizenship is in heaven from which we also eagerly await for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.” After reading this, I began to think a little differently. Earth, is a great place to visit, but according to the word of God it is not our home. Heaven is home for the believer. I want to put down roots there, in heaven where I am going to spend eternity. Everything here on earth is temporal so striving for worldly accolades and accomplishments are really futile! I want to make an impact on people for the glory of God! Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that being successful is wrong because I really believe that God wants our best. What I am saying is that Earth is a great place to visit, but I would not want to live there! My life on earth is a journey. My journey began when I submitted control of my life to Jesus! He is the way, the truth and the life. No one can enter into the Kingdom of heaven except through a relationship with him. Heaven is an exclusive place. It is not about what you know it is about who you know! Jesus is the only way to a citizenship in heaven. So I want to encourage you to make an eternal difference! Encourage those you come into contact with and you will be putting down roots in your final home! I love you all! <><

No comments: