2/14/09

Faceplant '09




God on our own terms…

Last night on our Ski retreat John encouraged us to spend sometime with God asking of Him what He expected of us this weekend! I though long and hard and I began to do some critical self-evaluation. I have come to some conclusions. I believe for the most part we want a relationship with God but we want it on our own terms. We want a relationship where we can compartmentalize our relationship! We want God to fit neatly into our little lives so that we can have access to His comfort. For many believers we have kind of hired God out as a consultant! We seek Him and ask of Him but if what He is telling us does not fit into what we actually want we take matters into our own hands! Can I tell you believer that this is a dangerous place to be! We need to seek God! We need to wait on God for direction! He knows the plans that He has for us so how can we find our way on our own? We need to take time to really seek God! What does he want? What plans has He made for you? We cannot approach God on our terms. We have to come before a Holy God in reverential awe! We can approach the Throne of Grace with confidence on God’s terms, not ours! How is your relationship with God? Are you controlling the events of your life or is God? Here on the top of the mountain I want to encourage you to spend time looking to and waiting on God! I love you all! <><

BTW I am writing this blog from the Top of the Beech Inn at Beech Mountain North Carolina. It snowed this morning! Prayer continues to amaze me!

No comments: