10/20/09

Walking with Jesus


Just a closer walk with thee…

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; (10) that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Colossians 1:9-10

I am finding, as I get older, my desire to be closer to Jesus increases every day! I want to be close to Him! I want to do the things that He wants me to do! I want my walk to be His walk! I have an overwhelming urgency to pray for people, to lift up the names of students before the Lord! I have a desire to share Christ with all that I come into contact with! Have you ever considered the cost of a closer walk? I have! I have decided that walking with Jesus is the only walk! It will cost you everything! Sometimes there will appear nothing to show for it! But the knowledge that your walk and life are pleasing the one who created you should excite you and knowing that your knowledge of God increases should also be a plus! Are you walking with Jesus today? An old pastor friend used to tell me all the time that if you are not meeting Satan every step of the way, you are probably going the same way he is! Walk with Jesus…it will change your life forever! I love you all! <><

No comments: